Throughout this renovation, my husband has (for the most part) let me do what I want from picking paint colors to choosing the flooring. He doesn’t really have a strong opinion either way except when it comes to toilets. He wants a fancy toilet with all the bells and whistles. With heat, massage, heated sprayers, and a deodorizer. I mean who wouldn’t?! So, enter our newest purchase.
It’s sleek and sophisticated all-in-one bidet and toilet. The video for the toilet is nicer than one you’d find for a luxury car. It totally makes you think you NEED a fancy toilet.
Okay, so backstory… My family is from Spain and every time we visited my Spanish family over the summer, we saw bidets in every house. Not being used to one growing up in the U.S., I thought it was a bit weird. If you’re not feeling fresh then just shower is what I thought. Then we traveled to Thailand a couple summers ago and had a layover in Tokyo and there were these intelligent toilets in the airport that were like bidets on steroids. They were these all-in-one toilet/bidet combos and that’s when I totally changed my mind on bidets.
So, even though our master bathroom is going to be a total gut job that will take place in the next couple years (it’s definitely a Phase 3 or more project), the toilet is getting upgraded now.
And lest you think we’re too fancy, this is actually Kohler’s second tier of bidet toilets. I don’t really see much difference in features between the top tier, Kohler Eir, and the Veil though. And the Eir is out of stock just about everywhere, so that made the decision easier.
The Veil (we’re on a first name basis now) is one-piece toilet with integrated bidet functionality that has an LED nightlight and hands-free opening and closing. All of the features are easy to control on a touchscreen LCD remote control. And in case you want to know what all the bells and whistles are, check out the features.
- Compact, streamlined one-piece toilet with integrated bidet.
- Comfort Height® feature offers chair-height seating that makes sitting down and standing up easier for most adults.
- Elongated bowl offers added room and comfort.
- Tankless design with direct water supply.
- Dual flush offers a choice of 0.8 or 1.28 gallons per flush (gpf).
- Stainless steel bidet wand offers adjustable spray shape, position, water pressure, temperature, pulsate, and oscillate functions.
- Anterior and posterior nozzles provide warm, aerated water for gentle cleansing.
- Self-cleaning function uses UV light and electrolyzed water systems to sanitize the bidet wand surfaces.
- Warm-air drying system with adjustable temperature settings.
- Automatic deodorization system.
- Heated seat with adjustable temperature settings.
- Motion-activated, hands-free opening/closing of seat and cover.
- Quiet-Close™ lid closes slowly and quietly without slamming.
- LED lighting illuminates the bowl to serve as a night-light.
- English-language touchscreen LCD remote control.
- Pump-assisted flushing for strong flush performance.
- Dual-flush technology allows you to choose between a full- or partial-flush.
- Emergency flush supports up to 100 flushes during power outage with simple touch-button activation.
I’ll be sure to update when we’ve used it for a while. Hopefully, it lives up to its hyped up video and we can quit our jobs and it will drive us around town and cook our meals and…